View Single Post
Old Fri, August 19th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
so i clicked on an ad at the top of this page and it took me to "dieselsite". after looking around I saw a few products, such as the wicked wheel, and now I have a few questions. First: what is the benefit of a wicked wheel and how would I know that I need one? I read that it helps get rid of "turbo surge". so second question: what is turbo surge?
I also saw a "intake heater plug" that says it helps unblock the intake. is this an issue? does this $9.00 part really make a difference in performance?
next question: are the intercooler and turbo boots that they sell worth it? do they help keep up pressure? do the stock ones really suck that bad?
Thanks for the answers!
JMO so take it for what it's worth....

forget about the wicked-wheel, I doubt you have surge problems. Now after you put a chip on it you may experience surge & you'll know when you do, a ported compressor housing is the 100% cure but costs $$$. The w-w is the older style wheel which will flow a little less air but might take care of the surge. BTW you can get a w-w for $75 @ XDP

I don't put much stock in the heater delete plug deal, might make a difference if you're trying to make a 500hp engine.

The boots look nice & if you have a leak would be a good thing but if it ain't broke don't f with it.

I'd put the gauges & chip then go from there, I'm sure there will be plenty of things to spend your $$ on