View Single Post
Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 09:16 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Let's see if I can help answer your questions...

The biggest downside to the Gryphon is the lack of ability to switch on-the-fly like a chip can. To change levels you'd have to go through a full programming session which takes about 3 minutes. Other than that, the tuning is the same.

I don't find 3 settings limiting outside of the fact that programs like Whisper Mode, High Idle and No Start are unusable with a programmer. I've always found 1 program I liked and just drove on that until the wheels fall off. Other folks may feel differently.

In most applications, you will not need the boost regulator. We handle the correction for that in the tuning. Running the boost regulator will affect the accuracy of the gauge on the programmer since it clamps the output to 24 PSI.

I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions shortly.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!