Thread: Downshifting
View Single Post
Old Mon, December 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Jack,

I rebuilt the latest files I had for you and set up a target update so you can have all the latest goodies. This will give you the new datalogging features as well as the new "Metric" display capabilities (not the Metric is very useful in the US).

To monitor gear and lockup, go to [Menu], [Setup], [Display Settings], [4 Segment Digital], and then select which segment you want to change. Scroll down to "GEAR" and press [Enter]. Select [Set as Display] and then return to the main display. It should now display what gear you are in and also display a little "lock" symbol when the converter is locked.

As for the issue, I agree that it is most likely the converter strategy causing the problems. If you were to go into the Custom Options and lower the 4th Gear Converter Unlock a couple miles an hour, it may improve or even completely resolve the issue. If it improves but doesn't go away completely, I can further refine the strategy to eliminate it.

Hope this helps.
Aw, Bill - you're just TOO good to me! (In a "manly" sort of way)!

I'll run right out and pull my Gryphon (after setting it back to stock of course) to download the updates.

bangingd had PM'd me about these changes and I was going to ask about it in an email with a "no hurry" caveat, but here you are before I can even think of what I was going to ask for!

Thanks bunches!

- Jack