View Single Post
Old Tue, May 22nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Double Whopper

INFRNL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbeam View Post
So I installed the chip and followed directions exactly except there are some errors. The directions say to remove the 6 case screws and not put them back. Well, I feel pretty good about putting the case screws back. The directions also say to remove the gold PCM grounding tab and the black plug on the PCM. Okay, the plug makes sense but the gold ground tab too? I followed the directions and did not reinstall the ground but I would like to verify that the directions are correct here.

Remove the gold ground tab or leave it there?

Love the chip, the power is great and the trans shifting is very great.
what kind of errors are you having? or you are talking about the screws and gnd tab?

I still have my gnd tab and seems to work. I do not recall seeing the instructions you mentioned. I will have to relook at them.; I actually probably didn't read the instructions since I have installed a few chips before.

I imagine the gnd tab is there for a reason, but IDK.
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler