Thread: RPM surge ?
View Single Post
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Double Whopper

MercedesTech is on a distinguished road

On cruise, the converter stays locked !

Quote:
Converter unlocking during decel (ie. foot off the pedal) or when quicly accelerating (pressing down quickly on the throttle) is normal. However if the converter keeps locking and unlocking while at a steady cruise, there is a problem.
Hmm.... Because no matter what speed, it unlocks immediately. Doesn't feel right, but maybe just me looking for something wrong.

Anyways, yes, the converter will lock and unlock under steady acceleration. The RPMS also bounce around. when it first goes into 4th. I will feel the surge. While under steady pedal, I will feel the RPMs go up, and the truck pull (talking only a second) then drop right back down and feel slugish, then shoot back up and pull, etc. Maybe I should hook up a video camera on my guages so you can see whats happening. Sure is hard driving, and trying to stare at 8+ guages !

Jack&Janet: don't worry about hijack at all. The more the better ! Really.
_ Mark Twain