View Single Post
Old Mon, June 14th, 2021, 10:58 AM
Rattletrap driver

Absolution is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
It's funny, because I'm not big on smoke either. We have worked very hard over the years to make files that run clean and strong. At one point in time, we did make files like Smoke Show and Lope Idle, but we've long since done away with those. In fact, we've taken heat from customers that wanted us to build those types of tunes and we've refused.

In your situation, we can certainly tone down the low boost fueling to eliminate that puff of smoke when laying into the throttle, but the downside would be a bit of turbo lag. It really comes down to the idea that those trucks need all the help they can get to start moving, so the compromise was to add a little more fuel in the low boost area to help get moving and get the turbo spooling. Of course, that was on the big file, so dropping down to level 4 or 5 would also help clean the exhaust up.

I'm certainly interested in hearing your thoughts on the drivability vs. smoke. Whenever you have some time, feel free to give us a shout and we can discuss it. Or, if it's easier, we can just plod on through here. At least then, other folks could benefit from the conversation.

Keep me posted.

Well, that little bit doesn't bother me and I completely understand the prefueling. I probably should have just said smoke and not "the smoke", that amount to me was completely acceptable.

That being said if I get the 160 single shots and one of your hotter tunes 275-300. Do you think it would do decent in the mountains with the trailer or would I be looking at a different turbo, If that's the case what would you recommend? Since I've already installed new uppipes I don't really want to go to a T flange.

Also Would you recommend keeping with the stock size nozzles on the stage 1 injectors?

My other truck was running 5x.016s (now 5x.012 using it on property) and a k31 single with a ported head and some other odds and ends.. I built it when I was enlisted and I didn't have to tow anything. It just made a single hot pass then cooled down lol. I also daily drove it like this and would travel 1000 miles trips one or twice a year. But yeah, it doesn't pull any kind of trailer on the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201219-154622__01.jpg (439.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Absolution; Mon, June 14th, 2021 at 02:13 PM.