View Single Post
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Okay a great "Thank you" to Jim and the classes doing the bench flow testing.

So sorry I can't post a link to the Ford GT forums right now but there is evidence over there that they are getting the most bang for the buck with the OE setup. The only differences that they have found into boosting the air flow is changing out the intake, TB, and porting everything.

Let me tell you one thing you thought we are serious about our trucks. OMG they pick things apart over there to the paranoid level.

Okay now why I mentioned the other forum is this: the basic deduction of why more air through the stock set up?

More surface area of material used for filtration. Take an old stock panel apart and a aftermarket one and see for yourself. Not unless they are using a more porous material.

Found another indepent company whose research concluded that a lot of cai's were worthless unless they were S+B, Banks, and any other company that uses a poly type tube over a metal one. Their reasoning is the metal ones are acting as heat sinks and the hot air build up causes HP reduction and more unstable air.

Whats the reasoning on fast cfms and slow cfms? I thought a cfm was a cfm unless its reading was affected by humidity and or elevation and or barametric pressures?

I also have another theory going about the reduction into the fenderwell but haven't gotton all the evidence on it yet.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.