View Single Post
Old Wed, March 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
I agree, but what I was saying it isn't a significant amount in the context of an F150. You really are comparing apple to oranges when juxtaposing a turbocharged race engine with a work-a-day F-150 with a few mild mods. Five to ten degrees, even 15 degrees, is really insignificant on a street vehicle and, according to the informed people I have discussed this with, that's the differences we are talking about between plastic and metal. What little info I gathered in a previous search project seemed to bear this out, however, I'm always willing to review contrary data and change my mind!!! FWIW, the metal-tubed AEM I have installed now delivers about 6 degrees cooler IAT than the stock system, as measured by the Gryphon, via the IAT sensor. I doubt that small amount is doing anything much but it's somewhat noteworthy in this discussion, at least.
Very interesting info with the AEM metal intake. Has AEM made a change in their products? I seem to remember that company making junk products for a while.

My research was done on a daily driven turbo RX-7 with an intake and exhaust. Nothing extraordinary, just a normal vehicle that I drove everyday to and from school.