View Single Post
Old Thu, March 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
For this option Jack, would you have to use a scan tool to get the HEX code or have a dealer get it for you, using their methods?

Lars

Sorry didn't want to hijack the thread.
It's not a hijack, Lars, just a darned good question. I guess I was lumping the way Bill and Corey would now like to handle Edge/Gryphon conversions into the purchase of a Gryphon, which is probably an error on my part. I guess you could get the HEX code from a dealer at a price (which I would not want to pay and I doubt most people have a scan tool. Supposedly the HEX code is on a label on the PCM, but danged if I can find it on mine. I see a part number, a serial number, it's made by Motorola, and a few other bits of information, but nothing looks like a HEX code (and, if it was reflashed, a label number would be wrong anyway).

So, the option to have the tunes preloaded really only applies to an Edge/Gryphon conversion and you'd want to read the HEX code on the Edge screen before shipping it off. (Bill MAY be able to retrieve it from a stored file on the Edge too, but I'm guessing here).

So, for someone ordering a Gryphon (not a conversion), you get the unit, plug it in, read and send the HEX code in to PHP and then play with the canned tunes while you wait for custom tunes.

And sorry if I confused anyone. I blame it on my advanced age. Thanks, Lars!

- Jack