View Single Post
Old Sat, April 4th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Ford F150 FX4

way2qk4u2c is on a distinguished road
Default Blue Smoke- Normal?

I just noticed while starting my truck this morning there was quite of bit blue smoke and after 5 sec it went to the nice white smoke from a normal cold exhaust start.

Truck is 2006 5.4L with 23k miles

I normally dont see the exhaust upon startup because i use my remote starter alot- so this is the first time ive seen the blue smoke but it might not have been the start of this- it could very well been doing this for a while (6 weeks)

Also i just changed my oil to amsoil full syn 5w-20
The oil level is just right below the top cross hair- i only put in 7 qts total.

Is this normal to have some blue smoke?

I knida know that blue smoke is from burning oil left in the cylinders which can be caused of bad piston rings or some type of oil leak into the cylinder wall?

Should i worry about this?

Also could this be a result of the Gryphon possibly being to rich from the MAF

I really dont think i have a engine problem or else it would be blue smoke even on WOT which i dont have that.

Its like upon startup its really rich burning oil but once the rpms die down from being cold the blue smoke goes away imediately .

Im going to try a few different things first before i bring it into FORD.

1. Im going to not start it by my remote starter for the next week (in the morning when its cold out)
2. Im going to see if for 3 days while on level 1 if it continues to do it.
3. The remaining other 3 days i will try it with stock programming and see if i get the same results.

Why am i having so many problems lately lol

im curious what Bll and everyone else thinks about this?