Thread: Metric beta?
View Single Post
Old Sun, December 28th, 2008, 09:38 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo333 View Post
I am interested in trying out the metric beta. How would i go about doing this?
Hello, bonzo, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty sure all you have to do is download and install the latest firmware and version updates to your unit through Pegasus. BUT: doing so will overwrite any custom tunes you have and may even cause difficulty if you have ordered and are waiting for custom tunes. If all you have are the canned tunes, there should not be any problems. Make sure you reset your truck to Level 0 before you take the Gryphon out of it though!

If you have got custom tunes or have ordered them, talk to Bill before you do anything. He can rewrite your files so they can be reinstalled on the unit after you do the update or can write any files you have ordered to coexist with the updates.

And, PHP is going to be "closed" to requests like this until Jan 2 so that Bill can finish writing all the tunes that have been ordered.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer