View Single Post
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 08:43 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the reply, A lot of useful info there. Glad to see my thinking was on track... As for the Hot lockup over ride i couldnt understand why the factory setting is like 272F or something like that.. the fluid is long since toast at that setting..... what would be a safe temp just as a precaution? 220F?

So there really at higher RPM and load its best to keep the torque converter locked? then it should downshift before any lugging problems. if that does occur then I need to change the shift points to get the downshifts when needed right?

I am gonna have to drive it some and keep track of when the TC locks up at my usual drivng speeds and habits. A lot of the speed limits aroung my house are 40mph which on the original chip caused all kinds of strange shifting. it didn't like 40, 45was much better. it did seem better on the short trip to get pizza yesterday but will have to do more driving to see. so will monitor the TC slippage with scan tool when im out and about
I know I want to get the light throttle shift point for 4th down just under 40mph so i can keep it in OD on a lot of the local roads..
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's