Thread: Spark Plugs
View Single Post
Old Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 10:50 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplummer87 View Post
I heard the plugs on our trucks were a Pain...but are they really that bad I cant imagine paying $500 for it... ( never paid to change them on any of my vehicle but they were all older models cars)
Have you looked at the TSB on changing the plugs? If not, here's a download: http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/jm...sb08-07-06.pdf It's a whole heck of a lot more than just attacking the engine with a deep well socket.

From what I can determine, it takes GREAT patience, and your truck is sitting in the shop (taking up space that can't be used for anything else) for a long time. Plus, just getting at the rear passenger side plug seems a bit of a "trick" (at least the engine doesn't have to be removed like a certain GM product about 40 years ago).

I DO wish Motorcraft would simply redesign the things to be one-piece, but I guess that's too simple.

I used to change my own plugs too, but these, I'll pass on. Oh, and to answer TA2Dsailor's question, I plan to stick with Motorcraft plugs too.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer