View Single Post
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 08:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt2205 View Post
Our weather has been super nice lately. I noticed this odd occurance when the temp was about 60 give or take a few degrees. I'll check battery voltage, but I'm not expecting any issues there. I bought a large capacity battery back in November and just replaced my serpentine belt. The old battery wasn't too great add the plow and I had an unreliable system.

Yes, the built in tach on my Gryphon read 0. Surprised me. I shut the truck off. Opened the door, to kill the delayed power and started it back up. It worked fine, except for the display going to 0 when I was adjusting brightness.

My luck with things hasn't been great lately, so maybe it's just a bad day. Today I didn't notice anything funky, but I also didn't make any sort of adjustments.

Thanks for your ideas.

By the way it was 88 today. Too warm for my early spring blood.
Well, temperature certainly was not the problem. If you continue to get this problem, display the battery voltage too. I still think that could be an issue. But, if the voltage is good, then it sounds like there's a problem, possibly in the OBDII cable? It would almost have to be in the data feed circuit if everything else checks out and your Gryphon is receiving power.

- Jack