View Single Post
Old Tue, April 28th, 2009, 06:09 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Ok I found a calculator for Barometric pressure online and it says I am at 11.77psi at 6000 ft. being that most of my driving is at 5000-8000 feet how do i get the turbo to add that extra 3lbs of boost.
what sort of change should I make to these settings
low boost fuel (altitude)
Injection timing (altitude)

I would think with less air pressure the boost is going to come on later so less fuel (lower boost fuel settings) should go into the engine and go in earlier (more advanced timing) as less oxygen to support combustion

Torque Table Altitude & Torque Friction Table Altitude: do these need to be changed or are they already compensated from the factory... and what purpose do these maps serve... (i don't see how friction loss changes at altitude) same goes for the sea level map... do other parameters use the values in this map to calculate other factors like mass fuel desired etc?

There is also the Barometric Multiplier and Torque Multiplier vs Baro not sure what these do either
I already set the altitude offset for the WOT shifting higher by 200rpm as I lowered the WOT shift point anyway
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's

Last edited by soutthpaw; Tue, April 28th, 2009 at 06:29 PM.