View Single Post
Old Fri, May 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c View Post
OK whats is wrong with my truck this is getting annoyning as hell.

First remember back about my idle problem- while sitting at a light the truck had a hard time staying running- it wanted to die and then cleared itself...

Now i have a problem starting it. Sometimes itll start fine other times itll try to start but its like something is forcing it not to- i let off on the key and wait 5 sec and try it again- still wont start. Wait another 5 sec and then it starts.

I been pissed off at ym remote starter lately thinking its malfuntioning because my truck wont be running when i get out there but now i know its not the remote starter- it does it with the actual key too.

Is this possible from the security chip in the truck not seeing the key right and disabling the truck from starting.

I have no clue and its getting old why this truck is doing this.
Does it do it all the time like this?

Failsafe on the security I think is put the key in and turn it to on but not run wait 10-15 minutes and it should start right up.

Another thing I remembered about the 97-03 is the run once security. You could use a non chip key for 1 time the next time had to be the chip key. To my recollection the security shouldn't effect any idle problems. Its just an initialization to get the truck to start.
Any idiot lights showing up on the dash?

Might have to bring it to the dreaded dealer to get looked at.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.