View Single Post
Old Sun, May 10th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Whopper

08F150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442w30 View Post
Hello everybody, I just received my Gryphon and am really impressed "But" have a question on surge. On very light acceleration 3rd gear TC not locked the truck will slightly surge, not really a lot but just enough to get your attention. Once TC locks surge goes away. My 08 5.4 is stone stock using level 2 87 tow setting. I have not changed any of the settings, it is the way it came out of the box.

Was thinking about unloading and just trying level 1 Trans only to see if it still does the same thing ( I mean surge).

John.
I had the same problem with my 08 5.4 when I got my evolution using the canned tunes. On the #3 canned tune it was real bad. I have noticed also that I can simulate the same surge even with the stock tune but not as noticable. Bill has made some tunes for me and I don't get the bad surge I had with the canned tunes but I can still get it to slightly surge. I have been wanting to call Bill about it and see if he can figure out whats causing it. I Know its not the tunes cause I can get it to happen with the stock tune also. It feels like the torque convertor is slightly modulating on and off. The rpm will slighty go up and down(about 100 rpm) I have a roush off road exaust and I can hear it when it happens. See if you can get it to happen with the stock tune. I found the best way to get it to happen was going up a slight incline with light throttle in third gear.