View Single Post
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjailer View Post
I am about to install a K&N CAI on my 08 F150, 5.4L. I have the Edge Power Programmer, was using it on level 1. Now that I am installing the CAI and Level 1 is Transmission only, won't level 1 still work with the CAI? I removed the programmer and email from Edge directed me here **just in case I have a no-run or limp mode with the programmer after the CAI install.**
Sounds like I will eventually require the service of PHP anyway if I want to tow or become more agressive with the truck. I'm thinking I should send it in anyway just to get it out of the way. Also, does the tire size effect how PHP programs the unit? I'm runing 305-55R-20 (Radial T/As).
I don't think the 08's have the lean running problem that 04-05's had. And, unless there's something I don't understand at all, except for the transmission shifts, Level 1 is stock. However, Level 2 is supposed to be "richer" than anything else, so PHP has been recommending you use that tune until you get a custom tune. They also recommend you try to keep your foot out of it.

Bill will include your tire size and gear ratio in your custom tunes, so give him that information when you order. This eliminates you having to use the Custom Options menu to set those two values if either of them are not stock.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer