View Single Post
Old Wed, March 3rd, 2010, 01:00 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg View Post
Here's what I'm thinking of ordering.

1-1100 rpm high idle
2-65 hp tow
3-65 hp daily driver
4-80 hp daily driver
5-100 hp performance
6-140 hp extreme

I use my truck as a daily driver mostly, about 30 miles round trip on mostly 2 lane highway. I tow a 35 foot 5th wheel (about 8000 lbs) 4 to 5 times a year, sometimes in the hills of north GA (usually mild grades, occasionally steep). Do I need the stock setting? Seems like everybody drives in some other program anyway. I do most of the work on my truck myself, not really concerned about service departments. What I can't do myself I get a buddy of mine who's a diesel mechanic to do. What do you think about these settings?
With a 95-97 truck, a stock setting is not really important. I see you have stage 1 injectors so at least you'll be able to get some impressive power out of the truck. In the testing I've done on trucks with a 3" downpipe, it's pretty well safe with stock sticks to push the injectors to max and not worry about EGT (as long as the RPM is kept up). Your lowest choice of 65 HP would be good to start with because you won't have to worry too much about EGT. If you start to get warm, simply downshift!

I don't know if I'd "waste" a position with both a 65 tow and 65 DD. I'd stick with the tow program and either choose something else over 65 DD since you've picked 80 DD as well. You're going to use each one for a minute until you find out that you stay in 80 DD most of the time anyway. Since you have Stage 1 injectors, the tunes will be $60 a piece so I'd recommend you save your money and skip the 65 DD.