View Single Post
Old Tue, September 27th, 2011, 10:12 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdemo84 View Post
No, the sound is not there on the stock tune. And I did drive home from work this morning (about 20 miles) with the Level 1 tranny tune and no sound or vibration there either. I guess I will wait on the custom 87 performance tune and see what happens. Do you think the truck will eventually get used to the new ratio and "overcome" this sound and vibration the longer I drive with the 87 tow? Or should I just stick with the level 1 until I get the custom tune? Thanks for the help.
As I said, I cannot see this "drone" effect as being harmful, just annoying. Personally, I'd stay with the Level 2 tune unless it just irritates you too much. There's really nothing in that tune that should/could hurt your engine with a stock intake.

But, you've definitely narrowed this down to some anomaly in the canned Level 2 tune engine parameters. I'd make sure Bill knows about this when you order your custom tune(s).

I honestly don't think the truck will get used to anything, but YOU may.

- Jack