View Single Post
Old Wed, May 5th, 2010, 09:45 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone running Swamps Hot FICM or a DIY 58V FICM?

Hi all,
Just wondering if there is anyone that is currently running a 58V FICM, be it from Swamps or a DIY job, does it throw a P0611 code for you?

I have a full stock FICM (no mod to power supply, and Ford flash), and a Full Modified FICM (58V diy mod, and PHP tune).

When I got my Gryphon back and read codes, I relized I had the P0611 'FICM dying' code (no CEL on, but code pulled). After clearing it I decided to determine what caused the code. My full stock FICM does not trigger the code. I put in the modified FICM, and it throws the code.

So then I split the two FICMS, put the PHP tuned board on the 48V stock power supply, I get no code. I put the stock Ford board on the 58V modified power supply, I get a code. Then I pulled out the 58V mod from the power supply, and I get no code. So the code only appears when there is 58V on the FICM, and it has nothing to do w/ the strategy/tune on the FICM.

I assume the code is a result of the 58V falling outside of a range that the FICM is expecting (say 45V to 51V max as a guess), and the code is really meaningless in this case (high is OK, low is death for injectors). Just curious, if anyone has a Swamps moded FICM, and if you don't get a P0611 code, does that mean the FICM strategy is tweaked to expect the higher voltage and not throw a code?

In case anyone is wondering performance wise or why I did it, I did the mod to see if it would make my cold startup issue w/ tuned FICM less severe or go away. I'd say it helped a bit and reduced the amount of time/temperature my truck had to get to to run right, but didn't eliminate rough cold starts. After the truck was warm, w/ tuned FICM @58V, and running a 100HP PHP tune, the truck was an absolute beast! (first time I've ever smoked the tires, and wasn't really trying to).

I'll be running stock FICM again for a bit till I get an idea if the 58V and P0611 is a common occurrence for others and nothing to worry about.

thanks,
Eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback