View Single Post
Old Mon, May 31st, 2010, 07:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Unless your dealership is kind of "shady", I would not expect them to look for "tuning" causes for problems that can, and will, crop up. It's possible if the PCM itself fails they might try to see if a programmer was involved. OR, if the block gets "windowed", I suspect they might be a little bit curious about faulty tuning.

There's really nothing a programmer can do to some of the components, like radiators, injectors, turbos, etc., unless I'm way off base, so I would not anticipate a dealer to be automatically suspicious of "tunes" in the event of these kinds of failures.

Bill does not "aggressively" tune vehicles. Going with that and just a little common sense and "care" for your vehicle should lead to many happy miles of driving.

One thing though. I probably would not put a tune on a brand new PCM. Electronic components are usually quite stable and reliable once they get through a few weeks of use, (known as the "burn in" period). I'd certainly operate the truck for at least a month or two before trying to tune it.

- Jack