View Single Post
Old Thu, August 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Whopper Junior

sootballz is on a distinguished road

Bill, Thanks for the reply and I do understand that your shop is very busy. Maybe my frustration showed a little in the begining of this post. I got the canned tune information from your forum posted under CTS and how to check the tunes. Maybe it was a misprint or I read it wrong. It said you have a custome tune if there are 4 zero's in the middle of the tune calibration 2.0000.2039 and if there are any other numbers you have a canned tune 2.4428.2039, if have the later tune. Im willing to upgrade my FICM, PCM/TCM if you know of a better stratagy for my truck. My current one is ECM VXBC9F2 and TCM TQBFON8.
I do have the 90hp injectors from dynomite and they are the shop that refered me to you for tuning. I have a Garrett power max turbo and from what I understand it should handle the injector- but I must be wrong or read something wrong. Im also thinking of getting the 35hp injector tips, like you said big injectors cause big smoke. I was told that by Lenny when I installed them and was hoping a custom tune could clean them up better. Not sure were to go from here.

Heres my list of items.
90hp injectors
ARP studs
CTS with PHP tunes
Banks intercooler
cfm plus intake elbow
stage three fuel system-set a 60lbs at idle
4 inch exhaust turbo back
EGR delete
stock fuel pump
ATS tripple lock converter
Suncoast tranny upgrade kit
transgo kit

What happens is - right when I press the thottle a large amount of black smoke rolls out the exhaust ( a lazy roll of black smoke). Load or no load. Under full throttle a large amount of black smoke(expected). I can get 25 lbs of boost under hard acceleration so I'm figuring my turbo is working ok.
My tranny will lock up in OD and pull the motor down on slight inclines, to large inclines while towing, egt's climb, alarm goes off at 1300 deg and I have to let offf the throttle to get the converter to unlock and spool the turbo up. If I push the throttle to try and get the tranny to shift, the EGT's climb to 1400 instantly. I checked my turbo drive pressure and its 2.5 to 3 times higher than my boost. To me that means to much fuel or not enough boost. It just real hard to drive like that. I also lost the 4th gear TQ lock up that I had with the edge CTS tunes.

I really appreciate any help or advise you might have to help me out.

I wasn't aware that you didn't get my email and I do applogize for the tittle of this post. Feel free to change it or delete it if you like.