Thread: PLEASE READ
View Single Post
Old Sun, December 14th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

Yes, thank the man upstairs for the way these unfortunate events unfolded. If no one had been there I'm sure this story would have been a lot worse :angel:

A couple of summers ago a car swerved from the inside lane to the right berm, hit a culvert, flipped in the air and landed on the roof. Right in front of me (maybe 5/6 car lengths) on the highway. Traffic was going about 65-70. I pulled over along with two other folks. It was a older lady and she was conscious but starting to panic since she was strapped in (thank goodness) and upside down. One of the folks was a nurse(divine intervention?). She was reluctant to pull her out of the car but because of the women's mental state made the decision to pull her out. She had a lot of blood on her. The nurse, who had begun to administer first aid, asked for some rags to help stop the bleeding. I instantly ripped off my shirt and gave it to her. Within 3 to 4 minutes the authorities were on the scene. I thought it would be best just to leave and get out of the way so I did. After a day or two I realized that the shirt that I had given up was my new MIS (Michigan International Speedway) souvenir shirt from the Fathers Day Nascar Race.

I didn't care about the shirt but this story and Bill giving up his socks reminded me of this. Not a fun situation to be in at all but we, as human beings, react instinctively to situations when called upon (if you know what I mean).

Good night and God Bless