View Single Post
Old Fri, October 19th, 2012, 11:13 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The 2714 value you're using for your tires looks right to me. Don't change it.

The thing is, you've got low ratio gearing at 3.55, and bigger tires than stock. This has the effect of reducing your "effective" gearing still further and is reducing your available torque. The engine is operating at a lower RPM than "optimum".

From your description, this problem seems to be happening around the 3-4 upshift (and possibly the downshift too. So, that's the only change I'd make.

I'd change the part throttle 3-4 up/downshift points by +5. This will keep you in 3rd gear longer as you speed up and will drop you into 3rd gear sooner as you slow down. Then, change the 4th gear torque converter lock/unlock points to +10. That keeps the torque converter unlocked longer/sooner which keeps your engine revving higher during the 3-4 up/downshift.

I don't think you need to change any of the other settings.

I don't really think you are gaining enough from Level 3 to offset the higher cost of fuel. This is something you have to figure out though. I DO know that Level 2 is a very good all-around tune and it's the only one I used before getting custom tunes. I think it's the one you should be using in off-road driving too.

Are you hurting anything? Probably not, but that's easy to say, isn't it?

- Jack