View Single Post
Old Wed, September 8th, 2010, 10:12 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Good questions, shotgun!

1. I think you need to get this answer directly from Bill or from Edge. If Edge doesn't have the firmware upgrade to support 09's I doubt Bill does either. But, if you plug the unit into your truck and it "recognizes" it, I suspect all is well and I'd leave it alone. However, you DO need to register your CTS with Edge for warranty purposes at least and do be advised of "critical" updates to the firmware from them. I don't think you have to connect the unit to Fusion to do this. As I recall, I just went to their website and entered the information manually.

2. On the CTS, Bill cannot "adjust" the canned tunes like he did with the older Gryphon. This is Edge's doing - since the units are not "recased", the tunes have to be left alone to be "CARB" certified. They're still better than stock though and Bill's adjustments were evidentally pretty minor.

3. This is why you DO need to register your unit with Edge. Until you get your custom tunes, you should be able to update the firmware on your unit at will. You want it to be using the latest version when you finally get word that your tunes are ready. If you don't do this, the tunes will be loaded and then Fusion will update the firmware and calibrations which will put you back to "canned". Now, Bill IS working on something with Edge that will keep this from happening in the future, but as far as I know, it is not in place yet.

Hope this has made sense. I'm jealous - sort of. I really like the new trucks a lot.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer