Thread: Pcm bracket
View Single Post
Old Mon, September 20th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Double Whopper

AussieOiler is on a distinguished road
Default Aussie PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O SEA D View Post
G'day Reg I was able to pull back the plastic wheel well lining to get the code off the sticker on the PCM,but after talking to Bill he said that when I plug the Edge Evolution into the OBD11 the HEX code is shown on the Programmer and that is all he needed.

I looked into having my Evolution upgraded with custom tunes but with the cost of shipping and the fact that if I wasn't happy with any of the three tunes I would have to send it back again to be reburned it just didnt seem worth it. Not to mention the amount of time I would be without the chip due to the time it takes to ship something half way around the world.

I figured that the FU chip would be the way to go because I should never have to pay for shipping or be without my chip again and if I want to heavily mod my truck I can have custom tunes burned to the chip without having to send it back to PHP.

I think that for us fella's down here in Australia the FU chip is a great idea.

I had my truck weighed and it came in at 3400kgs and the boat is 4000kgs and my tires are a standard 265 75 R16.

I opted to go with the FU because I only have minor mods to the truck including 6637 intake,muffler delete, AIH delete and the only other mods I may consider are maybe a 38R turbo as I am fairly happy with the performance already. I dont want to push things to hard in case something goes BANG, cause the price of parts down here scares me.

Scott
G'day again Scott,
I figured as much from reading more on this ordering a chip that the HEX Code that is lifted by our the Evo is all that is required.
However from all accounts we need to clean those silicone coated pins real good (r) real good, so wouldn't we still need to get in there and get at that 10mm bolt holding the PCM wire loom through the firewall into the computer inside the cab so as to completely remove the PCM to ensure those pins get cleaned up proper I tried to get a look at it and it appeared to me that it was inside the HVAC covering on the engine compartment firewall The one inside the wheel arch is the IDM
So have you located this bolt?
It is very easy to get at the back of our PCM due it's location. So maybe when we lift the cover off we can clean those pins without removing the actual PCM. Have you taken a look at that yet?
Like I say I'm at sea until the end of October so I can't go out and take a look.
Just a thought mate. Wouldn't you be better off getting the FU2. I say this because (and I say this from experience) you have not started modifying your truck yet, but when you do it becomes a sickness 'Trust me!!'. The FU will allow you plenty of scope, however if you decide on any tranny mods you would 'may' need the FU2.
I stared with a few simple mods and all easily done yourself; such as AIH Delete, Donoldson AIS Intake, straight through muffler, made my own CCV & Catch can, put in a V10 Tranny cooler in series with the OEM. I've just done the RiffRaff FRx and changed the OEM VB for a John Woods VB. So on it goes.
I get all my stuff from the good ole USA and at 40 to 70% cheaper than you can get in Aussie.
Clayton Note at RiffRaff Diesel is excellent to deal with for after market and OEM parts.
If you are going to put a 6637 Intake to get more air in you need to put a good free flowing exhaust on to keep those EGTs down with the chip in.
I can put you onto a very good (easy to do yourself) straight through muffler available in Aussie if you like.
Anyway, let me know if it is easy to get at those pins
Anything I can help you with, just let me know.

Cheers, OH how was the fishin?
[/SIGPIC] Aussie 2005(US 2003)F-250 SD 4x4 7.3Ltr PS: AIS Intake,Zoodad,Cowl Hood,AIH delete,DIY CCV,PHP FU2 Chip,RiffRaff FRx,HPx & OCR,BTM Exhaust,HD rear spring set,Front leveler spring, Dual Tower shocks front,Tough Dog Damper,ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear,V10 Tranny cooler+OEM Cooler, BD Deep Pan,JWVB,Long Range Fuel Tank,Edge Evo2,VMS In Dash Nav. GVM(GVWR)Upgraded to 5,000k(LT Rated F350+).