View Single Post
Old Tue, March 16th, 2021, 05:56 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

That one took about an hour to remove and strip down to a bare long block (intake, rocker shafts, oil pump and tin off of it), bolt to an engine stand, and stuff into a couple of heavy duty plastic bags ready to be locked away in a shed until needed.

I have a 400 here in the shed that's supposed to be a fairly low mileage reman. although any 335-series engine with more than about 20K miles needs a rod and main tune-up anyway so it'll likely get that stuff, put on this run stand, and then sold as I already have a guy interested in it (79 Bronco owner). I have no use for any 351C/M/400 but 390's can sit around here forever as I feel they're worth their weight in gold.

That engine will likely be the next run stand victim so stay tuned. It was swapped for a 460 quite a few years ago but should still run alright and make a good candidate for the Bronco owner as his 351M has over 200K on it (his father in law bought it new) and the current owner is quite sure it's never even had a valve cover off of it. That's weird to me. It's impossible to find a 335-series that hasn't developed at least a couple burned exhaust valves after 100K and never had rod and main bearings replaced since most have zero oil pressure after 60K miles (although they still run a long time with that issue).