View Single Post
Old Fri, October 1st, 2021, 02:02 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

That is a super clean looking block. very nice work. Now for a little Q&A session.

What is the purpose of boring and sleeving the lifter bores?

I saw that you had mentioned it was to reduce oil flow to the lifters. Not being very familiar with the 335 blocks, I don't exactly know what the weaknesses are. I'm assuming that the lifter bores would get sloppy and bleed off oil pressure, effectively starving the mains 2 through 5. The sleeves, I assume, would prevent the bleed off even if the lifter bores get worn, due to the smaller oil orifice in the sleeve.

Since the 351M/400 block is basically a Cleveland engine, would standard Cleveland modifications work on these. The only reason I as is that I have a 351M engine at home and I'm trying to decide what I want to do with it. Is it a boat anchor (as most people feel they are), or is it worthwhile to build?

Anyway, keep the pics coming. Love stuff like this. I'm going to post up photos of my FE when I get home tonight.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!