View Single Post
Old Sat, February 13th, 2021, 12:34 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpine View Post

I still hike when I get the chance. A couple months ago went on an 8 mile hike, climbing about 1200 ft in the mountains where I now live. I think the "key" is to stay active.
When my dad retired, my whole family worried that he'd just quit doing things and become a couch potato. I mean, he'd worked so hard all of his life that we thought he might take advantage of the down time. No such luck. Mom can't keep him out of the shop or from working on things around the house, fencing in the spring, cutting down trees for firewood (or splitting the firewood with my brother's family), and maintaining fire department equipment. We all feel that it's kept him around a good long time.

He's almost done restoring/resto-modding a 1954 F-100 that he started over 25 years ago that sat for 20. He's just waiting on the hood to be painted so he can get that on. I should put pictures of that on here.....

Quote:
Got my first Covid-19 shot two weeks ago. No reaction to speak of, except for a very slightly stiff feeling arm. It was the Moderna vaccine.

- Jack
My dad just got his follow-up shot last week. I'll leave my personal thoughts out of this conversation but I am very glad that you're doing well afterward! My dad did fine too.