Thread: Ya-Hoo!
View Single Post
Old Thu, July 15th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

I always get excited when there is something to read in this section of the PHP forum, so I figured its my turn again. I finally got the courage a few weeks back to take out the chip that came with the truck and run with my own. They were good tunes, but I was just driving "dead to the world" in terms of paying attention to what was going on with the old chip. I tried to note things that I liked and disliked, but it was hard knowing that I couldn't do a dern thing about it. So, I busted out that last blank chip (reorder may be coming soon lol) and slapped it in. Engine side of things is about 95% ironed out. I only seem to have a defueling issue at higher boost pressures with no 'boost fooler' in the MAP line and also because I left the 'adder to pulsewidth multiplier' map alone.

Now, onto the transmission side. I'll likely be going back to re-read about every thread in this section dealing with shifting. I always tried to follow along but found it hard to do with no auto trans of my own to tune for. Here's an FYI that there might be future questions from me for shifting questions!