View Single Post
Old Thu, September 30th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Since you have a Nov 03 build your truck would be considered a 04/04. 04 truck, 04 engine. The 04 KR in my signature is a late oct 03 build(04/04). It had the quiet idle and good tow/haul. Its has a PCM tear tag of TBS5 with the hex codes of VXBC3N2,TQBC0NX. I moved that PCM from the KR to my 05 Excursion, since the truck is going to be sold. I wanted to keep the good programming around and its a perfect match to the 05 Excursion. I believe its a 49 state PCM because I do not get a CEL from my EGR delete. I have the PO401 code but no CEL.

They would only need 1 PCM and 1 FICM. Your Predator should work again once you've been flashed back. However custom tunes would have to come from a Diablo dealer not PHP. The Gryphon is priced under the ordering information.

You have a couple of options;

#1 Bill could flash you back and include a modified trans file and a modified engine file for EGR delete(if you don't want a code) so you could continue to run the Juice and not tear the tranny up. That is possible but not really recommended by most. The juice still like to de-fuel and mess with the trans shifts. You still have to have the FICM shipped out or get on the waiting list for the remote programming.

#2 Bill could flash you back and you could use your diablo and juice just like before. I don't think you'll get a CEL from your EGR delete but you will have a code. Bill will be able to tell you if your actual HEX code will work for that. If your PCM's are a TBS5 family like mine then you won't need special programming to keep the light off, but again you will have a code. If you don't want the code then you will need custom tunes and a gryphon. Or program the PCM that way as noted in option 1. You'll still have to have the FICM shipped out or get on the waiting list for the remote programming.

#3 Bill could sell you a gryphon to flash your FICM and then load custom tunes into it. Keep the gryphon as your gauges and programmer with 4 tunes and sell the juice.

Please note if Bill flashes you back to your original code your Diablo should work again, but if he modifies your trans program or turns off the egr in your modified flash....your Diablo probably won't work.

Either way contact Corey or Cody for more ordering information. And remember this can take time, Bill and PHP are extremely busy, it could take a month or two, so again you need to be patient. If your not a patient person then PHP may not be the best choice for you. They are very up front on their lead times, and their popularity make its difficult to keep everyone happy on the time it takes to get you your product. Once you get it though you'll be happy you waited.

I can't help you on your AE questions....prehaps Cody can?