View Single Post
Old Tue, August 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Whopper Junior

Sonoman 6.0 is on a distinguished road
Default PCM with VXAM7A4

In my pursuit of (happiness) LOL, to update from VXAPN2N and have FICM and PCM reprogrammed to better strategy I have acquired a Used PCM out of a 2003 with Cal id VXAM7A4. I searched high and low to see if the VXAM7A4 had any feedback and there is only one mention in the 6.0 section without comments. I also acquired a used FICM 4 pin (from a 2004) that will get updated due to 36 volts running. My Original FICM is a 7 pin. One of them is going as a core today since I ordered an updated one and it will be here around noonish.

Can any of the 6.0 experts, Bill Included comment on this cal and if it in the preferred list? My plan is to get updated FICM (Swamps) then send Bill a PCM and the updated FICM for rollback. Or if I purchased a Gryphon would that be a better Route to get rolled back? Suggestions are welcome.

I have searched and researched attempting to catch up to the proper and easiest way to complete this. There is a lot of Info here, it just a little confusing for us that haven't followed from the beginning.

Truck is 2003 6.0 FX 4 (Black) build date march 2003. Stock 157K except for High Idle Mod, EGT, Trans temp and boost gauges. Do have a Predator with R 14 but haven't used it much lately.

Thanks Guys, hope this makes since as I'm trying to do this at work.....

Last edited by Sonoman 6.0; Tue, August 23rd, 2011 at 01:40 PM.