View Single Post
Old Tue, August 23rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

VXAM7A4 (TEC0) is a few revisions prior to the VXAM7N2 (TEC3) we normally use as a rollback strategy and is a much earlier revision of the VXAP2N2 (TEC7) strategy you have now. It is a 49 State emissions program and runs really well. The only concern with that strategy is that the related TCM strategy (TQAR1A3) had some undesirable shifting characteristics and the TQAS0NZ strategy (from TEC3) would be a better choice. I don't recall offhand what the issue was with the shifting, but a few folks complained about it and we ended up going forward to the TEC3 based stuff as it offered the same performance along with better shifting.

If you're planning on purchasing an original Gryphon (NON-CS or CTS), there won't be any problem handling a rollback/FICM program through the device. If you're looking at the CS or CTS, then you'll need to either send us the controllers or we can send you one of the remote devices. It's your choice.

For the moment, I'd try running the TEC0 computer just to get a feel for how it operates. You might find that it works well for you and won't need to change the strategy.

Let me know if we can help answer any other questions.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!