View Single Post
Old Fri, May 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh04SCREW View Post
I think I botched this one. I got Pegasus installed and talking to the server correctly. If I updated the Firmware, does that erase the custom tunes? When I plugged the Gryph back into my truck, it ran through a complete initialization, writing new files, etc, like the first day I got it. Under the Performance Settings menu, there is just Lvl 1/2/3 (I cant remember if these had a *custom* text in front of them) ... did I mess this up?
You MAY have reverted to "canned" tunes. It sounds like you used the Gryphon Update Manager, which is NOT what you should have used. If you did that and updated both firmware AND calibrations, then you're back to "canned".

All is not lost however.
1. Make sure your truck is at Lvl 0 (stock) and start Pegasus without connecting the Gryphon.
2. Click on [Updates]->[Pegasus Update Manager] to install Pegasus V2.01.0640 if you are running an older version, possibly V2.01.0616.
3. Once you are sure you are running the LATEST version of Pegasus, with it running, connect your Gryphon to the PC. The screen should flash red and then turn green.
4. Now, click on [Updates]->[Custom File Download] to download and install the custom tunes Bill has written for you. I think this should restore ALL the custom tunes.
5. Once this process finishes, simply disconnect the Gryphon and return it to your truck. You don't need to press any keys on the Gryphon before it is disconnected.
Let us know what happens.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer