View Single Post
Old Mon, March 7th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Stock Sucks!

TwinTurbo is on a distinguished road

Tekonsha makes good products for many different price ranges and all work well for what they are designed to do, generally the more expensive it is the more it can do so you need to know what the biggest trailer your going to be pulling will be. The more expensive ones can also support more axles, but since you have an F150 I think its safe to rule out any triple axle or greater configuration so that can narrow down your choices, (I just looked on Tekonsha's website and they all support 1-4 axles. other brands could be different though) From there it still kinda depends on the weight your towing, if its just a single axle with less than 3500 lbs I'd go with the cheapest one you can get. you can even get by with them for heavier loads, (I had a Voyager model which I think is the cheapest one and still towed 10,000lb + loads) however I have the Prodigy® P2 now and it is way better. It helped that I got a deal on it too. Bottom line - if you don't tow very often go cheap, if you tow a fair amount spend a little extra for one that's self leveling. Just my .02 hope it helps

'95 F-250 Powerstroke, 350,000 Miles, Mods: Phoenix chip, 140V IDM, Diamond Eye DP to 4" straight pipe, CCV mod, Amsoil synthetics throughout.
'04 F-350, XLT Lariat, Powerstroke, CC, Dually, SS exhaust, AirRaid intake and filter, Edge Evolution, PHP FICM programmer.