View Single Post
Old Mon, October 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

Get it.. Good cars, not all that quick stock though, 225 HP.. Best mods, cold air intake, get rid of the smog pump, exhaust, a set of long tube 1 5/8th's headers, a set of 3:73 gears, a complete set of rear control arms.. Thats just for starters.. Once you start, you wont stop.. Becareful with that tranny though, they dont take abuse very well. Run a OEM replacement clutch, put a good shifter on it and it will live a while. Run anything more than a stock style clutch and your screwed.. Believe it or not, I'm running the same trans in my 79, I have 24% slipage in the clutch, it's my fuse, but it's hurting me bad power wise. I've got this setup do detuned it's pathetic, then with the slipage and little tires. All because I'm trying to make it live. People are amazed that this thing is taking that kind of power, but every time I go down the track I assume it will be the last for it ( been doing that for 4 yrs now LOL )... Been saving up for a Faceplated ( think big rig tranny, no syncro's ) T-56..

The 4.6 is a good runnin motor, but they aren't cheap at all. I've got 10K just in the shortblock in the 98, but it's built to handle 1200 HP too, so yeah... I'd build another one, but I enjoy working on the 302 much more than the 4.6.. The 4.6 cars are heavy though, they respond well to simple mods, but the weight is what slows them down.

If I could find a 90 with that low of miles for that price I'd jump on it.. But the next Mustang I buy will be drag only, and I'd hate to do that to a nice, low mileage car.
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...