View Single Post
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road

i personally would never go beyond 5,000 mile oil changes. You start to get sticktion beyond that. For example my bro inlaw is anal and changes his oil on his 03 every 5,000km. The truck now has around 200,000 km, all original injectors (you know the ones that every body were paronoid that they were bad due to the clevis design.) He also does not have inductive heating calibration and his truck runs fine.

Aftermarket oil filters and fuel filters are crap. The oil filters are not designed properly and can either cause lack of oil flow, airation, dirt to bypass. The fuel filters also generally dont have the water seperating mesh and kill injectors, so just a heads up on filters.

From my experience sticktion is caused by either not changing your oil at proper intervals, or running crap oil filters that cause debri to bypass. Just like how on 5.4 3v's poor quality oil filters will cause the vairable cam timing phazers to fail, and can result in cam/head damage due to filter material break down plugging up oil orfices.