View Single Post
Old Sun, May 30th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman.public View Post
I think I am going to give up waiting for the Edge/Gryphon for my '09 and am looking at the SCT X3. I see that Brenspeed has it on sale for $379 with three tunes. A couple of questions.
1. How much does it cost from PHP? There is no mention of a price list on this site except for many "see price list" comments. There is no order form for the X3 programmer - only tunes for it. I would rather order it here if I can get it with three tunes for about the same price.
2. If I can't buy one from PHP (or it is a lot more expensive), how do I get tunes from PHP for this unit if I don't like the ones from Brenspeed?
3. Has anyone run a dyno test a tuned '09 or '10 F150 5.4 since the Jan 2009 initial test by PHP?
4. Any MPG change info available when running the X3? My King Ranch 4x4 averages 16.5 in the winter and 17.5 in the summer with mixed driving if I keep my foot out of it. About 1 MPG lower if I don't drive gently.

Thanks.
I paid 439.00 for mine thats with 3 custom tunes.(from PHP)

You have to use the regular gryphon for the order form but on there write in that you are wanting the X3.

Ive averaged about 2MPG better with my 87 custom tune

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes