View Single Post
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 09:28 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Ugh.

This set of injectors is the most "nightmare-ish" set I've ever done. I spent two hours just removing the even bank (driver's side); and that's after I already had the valve cover off. The nozzles were so carbon-ed up that I spent about 20-30 minutes on each one working them out little by little. I had one on the odd bank come out with the injector sleeve, so I had to reseal and reinstall that one (draining most of the coolant into the cylinder and on the floor in the process....I hate that). That's only the second one that I've ever had the sleeve come out (out of the dozens I've done) but it's not a big deal to reseal them. It just takes a 24 hour cure time for the loctite where it seals into the combustion chamber. I was a good bit tired after bending over that long on my knees, so I called it quits at 10:30 last night. I should have it running again later this afternoon. I still have to run to town and use my friend's sand blasting cabinet to clean the corrosion off of the injector feed lines.