View Single Post
Old Fri, March 20th, 2009, 11:49 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Here's how it breaks down, for our diesel products anyway...

Product availability:
  • 7.3L - Multi-Postion Chip, Programmer, Inline Module (Pressure Box)
  • 6.0L - Programmer, Inline Module (Pressure Box), FICM Reflash (Standalone)
  • 6.4L - Programmer, Inline Module (Pressure Box)
Modifications:
  • 7.3L Chip - Engine and Transmission
  • 7.3L Programmer - Engine and Transmission
  • 7.3L Inline Module - Engine only or Engine & Transmission (based on module type)
  • 6.0L Programmer - Engine and Transmission
  • 6.0L Inline Module - Engine only or Engine & Transmission (based on module type)
  • 6.0L FICM Reflash - FICM
  • 6.4L Programmer - Engine Only
  • 6.4L Inline Module - Engine only
In regard to complaints about shifting, the bulk of it revolves around the 6.0L trucks running the Juice/Attitude modules. They've historically had shifting issues on levels 4 and 5 and while the "Platinum" includes improvements to the transmission, there have still be some complaints of aggressive shifts.

In regards to the Evolution/Gryphon, we don't generally have shifting complains but I guess there could be a few out there as well. I've seen a few posts in other forums where someone complained about the Evolution and shifting. Oddly enough though, when I asked them if they had ever called Edge to discuss the problem and see if there was a resolution, I never got an answer. Of course, I know the answer was NO because I would have heard about it.

With literally tens of thousands of these programmers on the street, there simply can't be that many transmission problems or we (I) would certainly know about it. I'm sure that there have been failures that have been related to the use of a programmer, but I honestly think that the bulk of those failures are the result of either outright abuse or the failed component was marginal or compromised to begin with.

Things break on their own without any help from the aftermarket and we have no way of knowing just what condition any of the driveline components are in when installing any type of performance products. The reality is that when you increase the power output 50% (or more), sometimes it helps push something that is marginal to the point of failure. We can't help that. I just don't understand how people can jump up and down and get upset when something breaks. We do the best we can to ensure we offer a safe and reliable product, but again... things break.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!