View Single Post
Old Wed, April 6th, 2011, 10:26 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I have personally run this turbocharger on my 2001 CC/SB that I used for EVERYTHING. I loved the turbocharger and bought it against all bad reviews that I read (same as the ZX-12R that I bought new in 2000).

It was a great turbocharger for what I was doing. It was a little laggy, but with the loads that I towed it was great. All interstate driving helps. There are a ton of people out there who hated that turbocharger though....so it's not right for everyone.

The thing is that Turbonetics does not offer this turbocharger anymore. It was discontinued due to its lack of popularity....and therefore you won't really be able to find a ball bearing CHRA for it either unless someone has some NOS parts for these things.

There are some look-alikes out there that are still being manufactured and they are all spec'd. the same. Gillett turbocharger carries a "ball-buster" and you can also search for "big bad woof".

Any of the "drop in" turbos will have a 4" inlet....but the inducer is still only 3". The added 1/2" radius is only for the anti-surge porting. As for worrying about max. boost? Don't worry about it with your modifications.....you may see 25-30 PSI but as long as you are getting the less-restrictive 1.0 A/R turbine housing, you will feel more top-end power. Boost doesn't equal horsepower. I suppose you could run 35 PSI with the turbocharger for short bursts, but I certainly wouldn't push it that high for extended periods.

For me, the TN turbocharger worked great.