View Single Post
Old Tue, October 12th, 2021, 03:47 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

COMP Cams has lost my business forever.

I realize that due to the manufactured shutdown plandemic that there will be shortages and delays but here is a timeline of stuff that has gone down with this company from the onset of ordering to the current time of 2:30 PM 10/12/21.

8/24/21 - Purchased roller camshaft kit direct from COMP.
9/21/21 - Called COMP to see if they had an ETA on the kit. Short lifters, retainers, and keepers.
9/22/21 - COMP called me and miraculously had lifters in stock now. Still no retainers or keepers. The sales person does the order a la carte just to get me the parts. The kit was $910, I was charged $890.

See previous post for filler to today.....

10/12/21 - Jeg's sent me the 4-groove keepers for the intake valves. Got heads assembled and installed on block. GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!! I set out to install the pushrods that CAME WITH THE 351M/400 roller KIT. They're an inch short. REALLY!?!?!? Of course the stock ones are way too long to work with roller lifters. I called COMP AGAIN....waited on hold for an hour and fifteen minutes just to be put on hold and directed to a "tech's" voicemail. An hour later I get a call back just to be told that they don't know what pushrods I need. So, I offer to buy a pushrod length checker and that I want to get an RMA for the incorrect pushrods and when I find out what length I need, I don't want to pay the $200 pricetag for replacement pushrods when I was only initially charged $69 for the ones that came with the kit. "I'll see if my supervisor will go for that." Here I am waiting for a pushrod length tool (out another $48 including shipping) now....delaying my build/install by another two weeks at least and hoping that I don't have to throw away another $200 on pushrods. They've already screwed me on retainers and locks ($100 on top of the already $890 for the kit initially) and two months of time.

This engine isn't for me, either, so I have a pissed-off customer to add to the frustration.