View Single Post
Old Sat, November 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It is normal for the warnings about "unknown publisher" or "windows logo" to appear, and they can be ignored. Microsoft brings those up any time you install anything that is not either written by Microsoft or that was sent to Microsoft and "approved".

It almost sounds like you have a faulty USB cable. The screen on the Gryphon should light up red if it is not connected to Pegasus, then it will turn green when it is connected. So, I'm thinking you are not receiving power through the USB cable either because of a problem in it or because there might be some problem in the USB port of the PC you are using. Since you tried two PCs, I'm betting on a cable problem. Is there some other device you can try with that cable?

The PC should also play a little "sound" when you plug the Gryphon in - does it?

And, does the Gryphon function properly when you plug it into the OBDII port of your truck (with the ignition turned ON, engine off)?

Edit: And FStorm, I've merged your two threads on this subject together here. Please don't start duplicate threads on the same topic. It causes confusion and can result in erroneous information being posted.

- Jack