View Single Post
Old Mon, September 13th, 2010, 05:42 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I knew the theory behind it, and used it on my '01 when goofing off. But I played a "trick" on my friend and his truck.

He's got a 99.5 6-speed truck. I put two (and they were the only two) identical tunes on it and he ran it all summer while I was in Georgia. The only difference between them was that I set the global timing offset to -5 on #2 position. Keep in mind that he "short shifts" his truck and all of the driving he does is around town.

I asked him which tune he liked better and why......

He didn't like #2 when cold as it produced a bit of excessive blue smoke in the morning. That's understandable though. However, he was much more impressed with the truck in the #2 setting as it was far less laggy in every driving situation. He also liked that the engine was quieter, but he really didn't care about that since his shift boot is torn out and his 99 is just inherently loud on the inside (unlike the 01-up trucks).