View Single Post
Old Tue, May 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Whopper Junior

Farragher is on a distinguished road
Default rough running

I'd like to add my experience to this thread in the hopes of finding a solution. I had my FICM re-flashed to "stock" about 4 months ago or so, and just recently got my truck back on the road after dealing with a number of additional issues and projects. I run a stock truck with out a tuner. The only mod areas are a PCV reroute to a filter and back, an EGR delete, and a K&N filter and intake tube. I am clearly experiencing the same issue a number of customers have, relating to cold running. The one thing my truck does that I haven't seen posted about, is it will not move until it is warm. By warm I mean almost to full operating temperature. if I plug it in it is quicker to warm up, and smooth out, but it still needs to be warm to drive. By the way, I have owned this truck since March of '04, when I purchased it new, and have always warmed it up, but it is now excessive. I've seen mention of a new program or flash, but can't get a response on email, and just get the recording when I call. I'm in a bit of a bind as I need to leave for a 2,000 mile road trip on the 20th, and don't want to hit the road with a sick truck. I've got to tow a vehicle back from Memphis, and being stuck on the road wouldn't be good.