View Single Post
Old Fri, July 29th, 2011, 09:57 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We've run into a couple concerns with having an ECM programmed with a later strategy and then using a programmer with an earlier strategy. The few trucks we've tried it on have ended up disabled and needed to be recovered. I'm not sure if this is still the case, or if SCT has changed their firmware on the X3 to circumvent this problem.

Stock for stock, the earlier strategies are the best way to go. In most cases, running a tuned VXCF9xx strategy is going to offer a considerable improvement over stock, but our dyno tests have shown that the later strategies just don't seem to make the same power as the earlier strategies. My VXBC9 strategy on the hot tune makes just under 400 HP while the VXBC6 strategy makes 430 with the same tuning on the same maps.

Just something to think about...

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!