View Single Post
Old Mon, August 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM
Whopper Junior

Power2336 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
We've run into a couple concerns with having an ECM programmed with a later strategy and then using a programmer with an earlier strategy. The few trucks we've tried it on have ended up disabled and needed to be recovered. I'm not sure if this is still the case, or if SCT has changed their firmware on the X3 to circumvent this problem.

Stock for stock, the earlier strategies are the best way to go. In most cases, running a tuned VXCF9xx strategy is going to offer a considerable improvement over stock, but our dyno tests have shown that the later strategies just don't seem to make the same power as the earlier strategies. My VXBC9 strategy on the hot tune makes just under 400 HP while the VXBC6 strategy makes 430 with the same tuning on the same maps.

Just something to think about...

Take care.
Thank you for the info. I have another queston for you.
Since I got my ECM flashed to the VXCF9 and a new FICM from FORD installed threw warranty but would like to get the roll back to the VXCF4 from you guys would I need to have the FICM reprogrammed as well to the same code or do they runindebendant when it comes to that scenerio or can I just do the ECM on its own then later on get a new FICM 58V threw swamps with your hybrid tuning when money permits?