View Single Post
Old Sun, October 3rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

Played with it a little bit today, the torque reduction is pretty cool, works perfectly. Just have to fine tune it a bit. I've got it set to cut torque 50% before shifts starting around the 300 ft/lbs of TQ bin, takes a ton of the harness out of it, all while the trans still shifts quickly. If your not hard on the throttle is shifts normally.. I'll have to hook it up to a trailer for the fine tuning.

I tinkered with the down shifting a little, but I have it set so that at 0 TPS when in 4th gear, once you coast down to 55 MPH it should down shift to 3rd.. It doesnt work, probably because it's set to 0 TPS, it never see's 0 TPS. So I checked, with the throttle not touched it's showing .60 volts..

Also messed with the converter unlocking for a short time, just driving around I didnt care for it, with a trailer I bet I it would feel better.. I'll have to tinker with that while towing.

So yeah, looks like I can do everything I wanted to do, with most of it working first try.. That just leads me to that 1 question, is the down shifting while engine braking going to be hard on the trans?
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...