View Single Post
Old Mon, February 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Whopper

Shake-N-Bake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammertide07 View Post
What do you mean you're fighting a shift? Shifting too late or too soon?
I am curious also...
Perhaps the shift you are referring to is too soft or too hard compared to the other gears? If so, then it might be possible that you are experiencing the TC lock since on my truck it feels like a harder "shift" compared to the changes between real gears. However, my truck has an upgraded TC so I figure that might be the reason for the extra firmness when it locks up. I wonder what it's supposed to feel like with a stock TC???

When I have AE connected on a stock truck...I noticed the TC solenoid appears to be modulated so it might not receive full line pressure immediately but more of a two step lock up sequence. (or at least it seems that way from the live data I've seen...)

At any rate, when I first installed my PHX chip I noticed the TC lockup and thought it was a bit too aggressive. However, it didn't take long to become accustomed to it and now it's a non issue. Seems hardly noticeable now unless I revert back to my previously driving style. I let my wife drive my truck just to see if she would notice anything and she didn't have any complaints...her only comment was that my truck seems like it has a lot more power than her truck so I was happy with that report.

Thanks for the report Trey, I was very curious to hear from someone who had tried both tuners in the real world.